I was just about to start typing this when I suddenly noticed the delicious latte on my desk. The one that I made about thirty minutes ago, which had gone slightly cold. That's the second time I've done that today and it's annoying, 'cause it just doesn't taste as good.
The first time I let one go cold today was while I was engrossed both in re-watching the Dancing on Ice final and crocheting Frou Frou. The latte was not as enjoyable as it would have been twenty minutes earlier but the ice dancing was just as riveting as the first time I watched it. Suzanne Shaw was magical, and I'm so pleased that she won. I've just downloaded a version of the music she flew to as I'm sure that contributed to the moistness in my eyes after her performance. I'm just sad that I won't get to see the live show in Birmingham this year, due to being 'on vacation', as they say in the US.
And Frou Frou is finally finished.
Worked with two strands of 4 ply 100% acrylic, that was originally bought to use on my knitting machine, which I no longer have. I was worried that I would run out of yarn before the garment was finished but as you can see from the left over cones, I had plenty to play with. The stitch used for the body of the garment is Granite stitch, which works up nice and quickly. It is worked from the bottom of the back, up the back into the sleeves and splits to go down the two fronts. All one piece. The lacy border uses a base of double crochet, with the lacy part made up of chains and loops.
And there it is. It fits ok, but I'm not particularly happy with it. That neck is very peculiar. The instructions for it were ambiguous, I thought, and could have been interpreted in two different ways. I tried one way for about fifteen rows but it looked very wrong so I undid that and did it the other way. I think it's correct but as I said, I'm not happy.
I'm going to be positive about it though. It was good practice to get me back into the swing of making something larger than a bag, and I've learnt a new stitch. And I had the discipline to finish the dratted thing, so that's a plus. I'll probably dismantle it and ball the yarn up to use on a different project. I'd quite like to ball up all my coned yarn as it'll take up a lot less space that way. Also, I'll be able to weigh it more accurately to know how much I have to play with, and it's much easier to work with a ball than a cone. Cones fall over.
Oh, and I'm still listening to Welcome to the North, and it's still bostin'!